04.01.2017 19:36:00 | Press releases
Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Position Status: Part-time, Temporary
The key purpose of this job is to coordinate volunteer resources to assist the delivery of the organization’s program and services and outreach membership and volunteers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer program and services, and reflect the overall values of the organization;
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the membership program and services, and reflect the overall values of the organization;
- Promote the volunteer/membership program to gain community support of the volunteer program and the organization and increase outreach for new volunteers/members;
- Develop and administer database of existing volunteers according to their skills and capacities;
- Develop and administer database of existing members;
- Keep volunteers/members informed via newsletter or other communications;
- Develop and administer forms and records to document the volunteer activities and prepare annual reporting on volunteer activities and contribution to the organization;
- Identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and write the volunteer position descriptions in consultation with staff as appropriate;
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills and develop an interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure best match between the skills, qualification, interests of the volunteer and the needs of the organization;
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization and the role and responsibilities of volunteers and ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training to be successful in their position;
- Inform volunteers/members for capacity building opportunities and ensure their learning objectives are reached;
- Establish and implement a process for evaluating and recognizing the contribution of individual volunteers;
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations;
- Plan expenditures and annual budget and administer and monitor expenditures for the volunteer program against the approved budget;
- Other duties as directed by line manager.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor degree in human resources, but degrees in other subjects can be acceptable;
- Minimum 3 years experience in volunteer coordination/management position;
- Good knowledge in managing human resources;
- Proficiency in English, Macedonian and Albanian are a must.
- Knowledge in work processing and database management.
- Sense of organization and team management;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and good presentation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to multicultural environments;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural background.
To apply for this position please fill in this ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and send your RESUME at email@example.com with title subject specification: Volunteer Coordinator Position